WELCOME TO CANADIAN ROCKIES PUBLIC SCHOOLS INREACH/OUTREACH PROGRAM
Canadian Rockies Educational Inreach/Outreach provides an alternative, flexible learning opportunity for students. With the support of a teacher, students work through unit modules from Alberta Distance Learning Centre (ADLC) in the Inreach classrooms at either CCHS or BCHS.
English Language Arts (all grades), Grade 10/11 Math, Science 14/24/10, Biology 20/30, Forensics 25/35, Psychology (various), CALM 20 and other options are offered in either print or online format using ADLC or teacher developed materials. These courses are marked by onsite by Inreach teachers.
Social Studies (all levels), Grade 12 Math, Chemistry and Physics courses are delivered through and accessed by ADLC teachers or Golden Hills Learning Academy teachers depending on the course chosen by the student.
Students enrolled in CCHS or BCHS are considered our Inreach (blended) students. Returning Grade 12 students and off campus students have the opportunity to upgrade courses with our Bow Valley College partner and are considered our Outreach students.
To provide a supportive environment that will give students the opportunity to develop the academic, social, and personal skills necessary to become life-long learners and productive members of society.
Your first step is to meet with the principal or student services at BCHS or CCHS. You will be provided with a referral form and a transcript to bring to the Inreach teachers.
Our teacher, Liane Macnamara, email@example.com is happy to assist and encourage you to ensure your success. Feel free to contact her if you have questions, 403-678-6192 ext. 3036. Carol Mayne, firstname.lastname@example.org, 403-678-6192 ext 3046, our administrative assistant is also available to assist students and to monitor the submission and dispensing of modules.
*** Parents/Guardians are encouraged to phone or email us with any questions concerning their child’s progress. Reports and grades will be available online.
HANDING IN WORK
Online course assignments can easily be submitted according to the procedures outlined by Golden Hills Learning Academy, ADLC or Bow Valley College.
Completed printed assignment books and course materials will be handed to Carol or Liane at either the BCHS computer lab or the library in CCHS. Kindly return materials promptly as many students share the same resources. You should not take more than 2 weeks to complete a module.
HOURS OF OPERATION/LOCATION
Extended hours Monday, 8:30-5:00
Tuesday-Thursday, 8:30 - 3:30
Friday, 8:30 - 3:30 or 8:30 - 12:15 (Half day PD Fridays)
Bow Valley College Outreach:
Monday through Friday 8:30 - 4:30
Extended hours every second Thursday evening 4:30-7:30pm
Monday, 12:30-5:30 (Humanities)
Wednesday, 1:00-6:00 (Math/Science)
Inreach courses: Submitted modules and unit tests-70% (each module may be weighted differently), Mid-term/Final Exams 30%
Evaluation with our partners at Golden Hills Learning Academy, ADLC and Bow Valley College will vary depending on their assessment protocol.
Grade 12 students will have their school based mark calculated as outlined above. The school based mark is worth 70% of the final grade. The Government Diploma Exam is written in January or June at CCHS or BCHS and this exam mark is worth the remaining 30% of the final grade. November and April Diploma exam sittings must be made with prior arrangements.