So... what is Work Experience anyway??
The Work Experience program allows students to develop valuable work skills with a work site in the community becoming the classroom. Students who presently have part-time jobs may be able to use them as their work placement.
Work experience lets students:
- Explore potential career choices.
- Gain practical experience in a realistic work setting.
- Ease the transition from school to work, or post-secondary education.
- Develop new skills and reinforce those learned in school.
- Obtain references and contacts necessary for securing future employment.
Work Experience is available at the 15, 25 and 35 levels: 3 to 10 credits may be earned at each level, based on 25 hours of work per credit. Once a work site is approved and a learning plan is developed, the student, employer and work experience co-ordinator work together to facilitate and demonstrate the students growth.
At CCHS students complete the prerequisite module for Work Experience during CALM in grade 10. Students can then register directly in Work Experience. Students who do not have the module CTR1010: Job Preparation complete and independent study package so they can do Work Experience.
Work Experience is arranged to suit the individual student: please see Ms. Halkier in Student Services for further information.