This Week at CCHS
Academics, Artistry, Athletics, Attitude
June 19th – June 23rd
Exam Schedule Posted on Main Page of CCHS website.
Grade 12 parents – please check updates on our Grad Update page here.
Last Grab and Go Breakfast for the year "pay what you can". Monday 8am -8:25 am
Check out our Daily School Announcements here.
Monday, June 19
- Last day or scheduled classes for the year. Please refer to the Exam Schedule to stay informed of exam times.
- Locker Cleanout at the end of the day.
Tuesday, June 20
- This year Grade 11s are required to have their Grad Plan submitted to the main office. Information on how to do this can be found on the main page of our website (here).
Wednesday, June 21
Thursday, June 22
Friday, June 23
Some Key Dates you do not want to miss.
- June 20-29 – Exam week (Exam Schedule Posted on Main Page of CCHS website)
- June 30 – Last day of school (noon dismissal) make up exams.
- June 30 – Any items left in lockers will be removed and sent to recycling/garbage/charity
- June 30 – Mandatory Cap and Gown rehearsal all Grads – 11 am CCHS Gym
- June 30 – Cap and Gown Commencement. CCHS Gym 7pm – 9pm.
Aboriginal cultural celebrations:
Aboriginal Day – June 21st Canmore (click here for more info)
Banff IINISKIM POWWOW – June 24th – Banff (click here for more info)
We have posted the shared timetable for CCHS/BCHS. This timetable will show the start /end time for the day and the times for the classes throughout the day. This can be found on the student page of our website - here
Starting May 15– Roam Transit 50% off for youth ages 6-18 on all services. For more information click here.
Follow the link to view the Board Highlights from the May 24, 2017 Public School Board Meeting.
Bow Valley Settlement Services Information Survey to help them collect evidence of the impact of their work to help the Settlement Services continue their work can be found here– https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6L78J26 . June Newsletter is Now found here.
**In response to parent feedback to make the "This Week" more streamlined we have moved much of the recurring information such as how to Pay School Fees, Excuse Abscences, Get a Transcript of Grades etc... to this HOW TO page. We hope this helps. Please feel free to contact the Principal Chris Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org) with feedback or suggestions or use our feedback link here.
- Volunteer opportunities are always available to help students accumulate their 25 community hours, required for cap and gown at Grade 12, during their four years at CCHS – many of these are posted in the Student Services office.
GRADE 10-12 PARENTS/GUARDIANS
**Alberta Education has now provided students with a powerful new tool (myPass) to track their progress in completing their High School Diploma.
myPass is an Alberta Education secure self-service website for high school students to:
√ View and print diploma exam results statements
√ Order transcripts
√ View progress towards a credential (diploma or certificate)
√ View and print detailed academic reports (DAR)
Visit myPass.alberta.ca to request access
Regular attendance is crucial to success in school. As per Section 12(b) of the Alberta School Act, students are to attend school regularly and punctually.
Students have an obligation to contribute to, as well as, benefit from, the learning experience. Irregular attendance curtails a student’s ability to contribute, and often, hinders the progress of the class.
The responsibility for regular attendance lies with the student. Upon registering at Canmore Collegiate, students make a commitment to attend regularly, be punctual and perform up to their ability. Students must also accept the consequences of their actions should they choose not to accept this responsibility.
The role of the parent is to guide, reinforce and encourage regular attendance and to make the student aware of the consequence of nonattendance.
Parents are required to call the school on the day of each absence or to send a note to the school within 24 hours following the absence. The school will contact the home to report unverified absences.
In those instances where a student will be missing an extended period of time, parents should contact the school as far in advance as is possible.
Only those absences verified by a parent immediately following the absence will be excused. All other absences will be considered unexcused.
- Please check the Parent Portal to see your son/daughter’s mark. https://powerschool.crps.ca/public/home.html
The Parent Portal shows a daily update of your child’s mark in each course. If you have not yet activated your Parent Portal please do so once this information arrives in the mail this week. Student final report cards will be delivered through parent portal at the end of June.
- Local telephone line for student use is in the hallway outside the office.
- EVERY DAY - Lunch Specials in the cafeteria – Punch cards for lunch available – contact the office for more information.