This Week at CCHS
Academics, Artistry, Athletics, Attitude
June 26th – June 30th
This short newsletter home brings to a close the happenings at CCHS for the 2016-2017 school year. I hope that you join us for our commencement exercises as CCHS celebrates our 21st graduating class. Thank you for another wonderful year and I hope that the summer provides you the time to relax and reconnect with family and friends.
Principal Canmore Collegiate High
Exam Schedule Posted on Main Page of CCHS website.
Grade 12 parents – please check updates on our Grad Update page here.
Check out our Daily School Announcements here.
Monday, June 26
Tuesday, June 27
Wednesday, June 28
Thursday, June 29
- The grad banquet will be held on Thursday June 29th, 2017 at the Delta Kananaskis. Students should be at the Delta no later than 5:30pm for photos. Dinner starts at 6pm.
Friday, June 30
- Mandatory Cap and Gown rehearsal for all grads at 11:00 am on the morning of Thursday, June 30th. Grade 12 students must participate if they wish to cross the stage at night.
- Last Day of School June 30th – Noon Dismissal
- The 2016 Commencement Ceremony (Cap And Gown) will be held in the CCHS gymnasium on the evening of Friday, June 30th at 7:00 pm. Grads must arrive by 6:00 pm in order to pick up their cap and gown, dress and assemble for the group photo.
Some Key Dates you do not want to miss.
- June 20-29 – Exam week (Exam Schedule Posted on Main Page of CCHS website)
- June 30 – Last day of school (noon dismissal) make up exams.
- June 30 – Any items left in lockers will be removed and sent to recycling/garbage/charity
- June 30 – Mandatory Cap and Gown rehearsal all Grads – 11 am CCHS Gym
- June 30 – Cap and Gown Commencement. CCHS Gym 7pm – 9pm.
- First Day back to school for students is September 5, 2017. Look for our back to school information in the Outlook the 4th week of August. This information is also located here on our school website.
We have posted the shared timetable for CCHS/BCHS. This timetable will show the start /end time for the day and the times for the classes throughout the day. This can be found on the student page of our website - here
Starting May 15– Roam Transit 50% off for youth ages 6-18 on all services. For more information click here.
Follow the link to view the Board Highlights from the May 24, 2017 Public School Board Meeting.
Bow Valley Settlement Services Information Survey to help them collect evidence of the impact of their work to help the Settlement Services continue their work can be found here– https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/6L78J26 . June Newsletter is Now found here.
**In response to parent feedback to make the "This Week" more streamlined we have moved much of the recurring information such as how to Pay School Fees, Excuse Abscences, Get a Transcript of Grades etc... to this HOW TO page. We hope this helps. Please feel free to contact the Principal Chris Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org) with feedback or suggestions or use our feedback link here.
- Volunteer opportunities are always available to help students accumulate their 25 community hours, required for cap and gown at Grade 12, during their four years at CCHS – many of these are posted in the Student Services office.
GRADE 10-12 PARENTS/GUARDIANS
**Alberta Education has now provided students with a powerful new tool (myPass) to track their progress in completing their High School Diploma.
myPass is an Alberta Education secure self-service website for high school students to:
√ View and print diploma exam results statements
√ Order transcripts
√ View progress towards a credential (diploma or certificate)
√ View and print detailed academic reports (DAR)
Visit myPass.alberta.ca to request access
Regular attendance is crucial to success in school. As per Section 12(b) of the Alberta School Act, students are to attend school regularly and punctually.
Students have an obligation to contribute to, as well as, benefit from, the learning experience. Irregular attendance curtails a student’s ability to contribute, and often, hinders the progress of the class.
The responsibility for regular attendance lies with the student. Upon registering at Canmore Collegiate, students make a commitment to attend regularly, be punctual and perform up to their ability. Students must also accept the consequences of their actions should they choose not to accept this responsibility.
The role of the parent is to guide, reinforce and encourage regular attendance and to make the student aware of the consequence of nonattendance.
Parents are required to call the school on the day of each absence or to send a note to the school within 24 hours following the absence. The school will contact the home to report unverified absences.
In those instances where a student will be missing an extended period of time, parents should contact the school as far in advance as is possible.
Only those absences verified by a parent immediately following the absence will be excused. All other absences will be considered unexcused.
- Please check the Parent Portal to see your son/daughter’s mark. https://powerschool.crps.ca/public/home.html
The Parent Portal shows a daily update of your child’s mark in each course. If you have not yet activated your Parent Portal please do so once this information arrives in the mail this week. Student final report cards will be delivered through parent portal at the end of June.
- Local telephone line for student use is in the hallway outside the office.
- EVERY DAY - Lunch Specials in the cafeteria – Punch cards for lunch available – contact the office for more information.