This Week at CCHS
Academics, Artistry, Athletics, Attitude
September 17 - September 21
Our Welcome Back BBQ was snowy and cold but the mood was warm and the food was hot. Students had a great time as staff, students and the community came together for a wonderful kick off to the year. (A special thank you to Canmore Outdoor Power Equipment for their generous support. Also, a thank you to our 878 Cadet Squadron for the tents to keep us dry.
Our Grab & Go Breakfast (pay what you can) has started again this year. We have breakfast on Monday and Friday. Over 120 students are fed each week. Ask your child if they have had breakfast with us. While we operate a pay what you can, any support would be appreciated. Please consider a donation to the program (in the optional fees section) when paying school fees this year.
We also encourage you to read the student handbook on the student section of our website. The 2018-2019 student handbook has information specifically about important CCHS dates such as parent/teacher interviews, course change information, exams and much more. A link to the handbook is here.
Parents please ensure you can logon to Parent Portal. Look for the PowerSchool button on our school webpage or click here. This is where you will access daily updates on your student’s marks and attendance, school fees and more. Final term report cards are also shared with you through Parent Portal and are not mailed out from the school.
** Alberta Education has now made student access to their official transcript of marks available to all grade 10- 12 student available through a myPass account (myPass.alberta.ca). Grade 10 marks will first appear after the first semester.
Check out our Daily School Announcements here.
Monday, September 17
- Student demographic sheets have been sent home. Please check that demographic information is up to date. Please sign and return to the main office.
- First Grab & Go Breakfast @ 8am in the Cafeteria. Pay what you can.
- GSA meeting @ lunch – Ms. Chambers Rm. Come join the GSA J
- Jazz Band practice @ 3:30pm.
Tuesday, September 18
- CCHS Parent Council Meeting 7pm CCHS Library. All Welcome.
Wednesday, September 19
- Student Council meeting @ lunch – Room 1214. Everyone welcome.
- Girls & Boys Golf Team to Strathmore. Depart CCHS @ 6am
- Concert Band practice @ 3:30 pm.
Thursday, September 20
- Grade 9 – Outdoor Ed. to Two-Jack Lake. Depart CCHS @ 8:30am/Return @ 3:20pm.
Friday, September 21
- Grab and Go Breakfast – @ 8am in the cafeteria. Pay what you can.
- PLC Day Students released from class at 11:50 am – Blocks A/B only
- Wolverines Football. Millennium Park. Depart CCHS @ 12:45pm
Some Key Dates you do not want to miss.
- September 24th – Last Day to withdraw from classes for Gr. 12 students.
- September 26th – Parent Information Night. 6 pm
- September 27th - Terry Fox School Fun Run
- October 18th – Academic Awards 7:00pm CCHS Theatre.
- October 26th – Photo Retake Day.
How to Pay School Fees
You can pay your School Fees online through your PowerSchool/Parent Portal Account; link is on the cchs.crps.ca webpage. Once you sign on, under Navigation click on Students Fees. Payments can be made by Credit Card (MasterCard or VISA) and INTERAC.
If you wish to pay by Cheque or Cash, you can do so through the CCHS Main Office.
If you have any questions or concerns about your invoice, please contact Sarah McKay.
Missing important happenings at CCHS? But are awash in emails? Find information through one of the medium listed below. Get connected become involved.
- Follow us on Facebook (here)
- Join us on Twitter for quick updates. @CCHS_Canmore
- Follow us on Instagram – cchs.canmore
- Follow our YouTube channel for happenings at CCHS in 60-90 secs. – Collegiate Corner
- Check out our Daily School Announcements here.
- 2018/2019 Student Handbook is here. Find important CCHS dates such as parent/teacher interviews, course change information, exams and much more.
- 2018 – 2019 School Calendar.
Parent Information Night – Sept 26th @ 6pm.
MOODLE , Parent Portal, MyPass, PLC, Dash one, Dash two … our system is full of acronyms which you will hear your students and teachers discussing. As you and your child begin to navigate your way through school life it would probably be helpful to have a deeper understanding of CCHS school operations. If you are new to CCHS (or would like a refresher) and interested in developing a deeper understanding in how to follow your student’s progress at school, receiving information on their learning and helping your son/daughter navigate their way through high school and beyond, this meeting is for you.
We look forward to meeting you and getting to know you.
Alpine Edibles – Mountain Harvest Party. Come celebrate an evening of festivities Sept. 22 @ 4:30pm. Learn more here.
FCSS Great Fall Free Fall classes. Winterize Your Ride, Rent Smart, Budget Friendly Soups & Stews… and more. Check it out here.
Bow Valley Settlement Services Information September Newsletter now posted– Now found here.
Please follow the link to view the Board Highlights from the June 20, 2017 Public School Board meeting.
**In response to parent feedback to make the "This Week" more streamlined we have moved much of the recurring information such as how to Pay School Fees, Excuse Abscences, Get a Transcript of Grades etc... to this HOW TO page. We hope this helps. Please feel free to contact the Principal Chris Rogers (firstname.lastname@example.org) with feedback or suggestions or use our feedback link here.