This Week at CCHS
Academics, Artistry, Athletics, Attitude
Sept 18th - 22nd
Missing important happenings at CCHS? But are awash in emails? There are many different ways that you can access information about upcoming events and happenings at CCHS. The best place to start is our school website which has links to all our social media, so you can pick one that fits your lifestyle. Whichever medium you choose, you will be sure to receive the most up to date information so you can stay involved in what is happening at CCHS. Get connected become involved.
Follow us on Facebook (here)
Join us on Twitter for quick updates. @CCHS_Canmore
Follow our YouTube channel for happenings at CCHS in 60-90 secs. – Collegiate Corner
Check out our Daily School Announcements here.
We also encourage you to read the student handbook on the student section of our website. The 2017-2018 student handbook has information specifically about important CCHS dates such as parent/teacher interviews, course change information, exams and much more. A link to the handbook is here.
Parents please ensure you can logon to Parent Portal. Look for the PowerSchool button on our school webpage or click here. This is where you will access daily updates on your student’s marks and attendance, school fees and more. Final term report cards are also shared with you through Parent Portal and are not mailed out from the school.
** Alberta Education has now made student access to their official transcript of marks available to all grade 10- 12 student available through a myPass account (myPass.alberta.ca). Grade 10 marks will first appear after the first semester.
Monday, September 18
- Our First Grab and Go Breakfast – @ 8am in the cafeteria. Pay what you can.
- Outdoor Ed 9 – Two Jack Lake. Depart CCHS @ 8:30am – Return @ 3:30pm
Tuesday, September 19
Wednesday, September 20
- Parent Information Night for Parents new to CCHS - 6 pm Room 1209. See more information below.
- Biology 20 classes. – Sibbald Flats- K -Country . Depart CCHS @ 8:30am – Return @ 3:30pm
Thursday, September 21
- Our Youth and Social Media presentation. CCHS Theatre 7 – 8:15 pm. See more information below.
- Girls Soccer – Okotoks. Depart CCHS @ 1:50pm – Return @ ~8:30pm
Friday, September 22
- Grab and Go Breakfast – @ 8am in the cafeteria. Pay what you can.
- JV Girls Gold & Boys – Strathmore – Depart CCHS @ TBA
- PLC Day Students released from class at 11:40pm
- Wolverine’s Football to Drumheller
Some Key Dates you do not want to miss.
- September 18-22. Student demographic sheets will be coming home. Please check that demographic information is up to date. Please sign and return to the main office.
- September 26. CCHS Parent Council Meeting 7 pm. All parents welcome. Please come join us.
- September 28. Terry Fox School Fun Run
- September 29/30 – U of A and UBCO – women’s volleyball exhibition game. Come support volleyball at CCHS and enjoy top flight Canadian volleyball.
Parent Information Night (Sept 20 - 6pm).
MOODLE , Parent Portal, MyPass, PLC, Dash one, Dash two … our system is full of acronyms which you will hear your students and teachers discussing. As you and your child begin to navigate your way through school life it would probably be helpful to have a deeper understanding of CCHS school operations. If you are new to CCHS and interested in developing a deeper understanding in how to follow your student’s progress at school, receiving information on their learning and helping your son/daughter navigate their way through high school and beyond, this meeting is for you.
We look forward to meeting you and getting to know you.
Our Youth and Social Media - A Presentation for Parents, Community and Youth with Social Media Expert Jesse Miller. (CCHS Theatre Sept 21 -7- 8:15 pm).
Join us for an exciting, informative and thoughtful social media conversation that promotes dialogue and minimizes risks by prompting continued solutions to support parents, community and youth in our connected world, led by MEDIATED REALITY’S Jesse Miller. For more information – see video here. Limited seating available.
JV Girls GOLD Team – capture Gold in season opening tournament in Airdrie. Congratulations! Go Crusaders!!
Bow Valley Settlement Services Information September Newsletter now posted– Now found here.
Please follow the link to view the Board Highlights from the June 20, 2017 Public School Board meeting.
**In response to parent feedback to make the "This Week" more streamlined we have moved much of the recurring information such as how to Pay School Fees, Excuse Abscences, Get a Transcript of Grades etc... to this HOW TO page. We hope this helps. Please feel free to contact the Principal Chris Rogers (email@example.com) with feedback or suggestions or use our feedback link here.