CCHS Parent Council Goals & Actions
BYLAW 1 – Mission Statement: “The Council’s mission is to provide the School with the support needed to give each student the best possible education and learning environment”.
*From CCHS Council Bylaws, written and accepted in 2003.
Goal #1: Utilize Council’s resources to support and broaden the school experience for all students.
- Funding assistance AED in 2016.2017
- Offered assistance with the breakfast program as needed
Goal #2: Represent CCHS parent views to CEN and CRPS
- CEN representative appointed- Alison Andrews and Karen Antrobus
- CCHS School Council Chair attended Council of Councils meeting
- Consistent School Council representation at other CRPS meetings ie. Calendar meetings
Goal #3: Recognize and support CCHS staff.
- Staff appreciation co-coordinators Rob Anderson appointed
- 2 staff appreciation events to be held held: 1. Nov 2017 sponsored by CCHS Parent Council and 2 lunches in June 2018 with invited participation from all CCHS parents (donate $$)
Goal #4: Promote a safe and healthy school environment.
- Working collaboratively with Student Council to promote school safety and respect – offering assistance on projects as they arise.
Goal #5: Promote communication and engagement of parents & community.
- Support the annual Bow Valley Elves Campaign – tree with gift tags
- Offer support for the seniors lodge garden initiative with Bow Valley Elves