Academics, Artistry, Athletics, Attitude
June 27 - June 30
Check out our Daily School Announcements here.
Our last day of regular classes was June 16. We are now writing our June final exams. Please ensure your student is at school and ready to write their exam at 8:30 am each day they are writing. - Please go to our website at https://cchs.crps.ca/ to see our exam schedule. The exam schedule is posted on the right of the page under the link “CCHS June 2022 Exam Schedule.” We encourage our students to begin developing effective study plans for success in our upcoming finals.
Library Books / Locker Clean out
We cleaned out lockers on Thursday June 16, 2022. We ask that students take home school supplies and this year’s locker collections. Students need to return textbooks and school resources as soon as they are done using them. If students require texts to study please bring them the day that the class exam is being written.
Please remind your students that all CCHS textbooks and library books must be returned to the CCHS Library. Students will be invoiced for the items they do not return.
- If you are applying for post-secondary scholarships, use a personal email account, not your CRPS email so you can still access them. You will need to move you data before you leave CCHS.
- Google has tools to help you including:
- Download – If there are only a few things you want to keep, including items shared with you, download a copy of individual files or folders.
- Forward important emails to another personal email account. Learn more.
- Transfer your content – copy your Drive and Email files to a personal Google account. Learn more.
- Archive/Takeout - download a copy of items owned by you in all G Suite services into one zip file. Learn more.
- Transfer Ownership - If others will need to use files you own, you can transfer ownership to someone else at CRPS in sharing options, or they can take a copy for themselves. Learn more.
Grad Class of 2022
Visit the Grad section of the school website to keep up to date on important timely information. Our commencement ceremony will take place on June 29 @ noon in the Rec Centre Parking Lot adjacent to CCHS ( weather permitting - back up plan is in our gym). Note - Will share with families by the end of the day Monday if our ceremony is outside or in the gym. If outside - please note there is only space for 1 car per graduating student. Other people attending the ceremony will have to find alternate parking. We are excited to be planning a return to a full cohort ceremony. Please note that students must meet the Alberta Education requirements for a diploma, certificate of high school achievement, or certificate of school completion by the end of June in order to participate in the ceremony.
The Week Ahead
Monday, June 27, 2022
- Physics 30
- Math 10-3
- Math 10C
- Math 20-1
- Math 20-2
Tuesday, June 28, 2022
- Science 30
- Exam rewrites
Wednesday, June 29, 2022
- Commencement Ceremony @ Noon
Thursday, June 30,2022
- Last day of school
Some Key Dates you do not want to miss.
- July 1 - Summer Break Begins - no school.
CCHS Scholarship Opportunities for 2022-2023
As we near the end of our school year , our grade 12s should now be looking toward post secondary in the Fall. Please click on the provided link (Link is here) to apply for upcoming scholarships and bursaries. NOTE - some applications are due the end of this month - May 2022. We will send an updated version of the Awards list again in September and when you get this message in September it's important you fill out the "2021-2022 Academic Awards Application" form and return it to the CCHS. This form lets us know where our grads are in September plus has a spot for the volunteering work they've done (are doing) -- this helps us with many awards that are picked by staff.
Become a Host Family for CRPS International Students in 2022-23! CRPS is looking for Canmore & Banff families to host our next incredible cohort of 50 international students arriving in August 2022! Make meaningful connections, share your different cultures, learn a new language, build life-long memories & friendships! Commitments of 5 months and 10 months are available, with monthly remuneration provided. For more information and to apply, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 403.609.6072
Canmore Collegiate High School fees are now available on PowerSchool Parent Portal. Debit or credit card payments can be made online through your Parent Portal
https://powerschool.crps.ca/public/. As per Canadian Rockies School Division’s Administrative Procedure 503, payment for school fees is due 30 days after invoicing. Please contact Sarah Mckay (email@example.com) to make payment arrangements if unable to pay within 30 days or if you have any questions.
Learn more about the cycle of anxiety by following the link below.
Help to support a displaced Ukraine family
A family of 5 recently arrived from the crisis in the Ukraine. We are forwarding this information to our school community, in the event any of you may be able to assist with the list of needs identified for this family.
A reminder that for more information and drop-off locations, please contact Donna Potter, President of the Rotary Club of Canmore at 403-493-4056 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Still require 4 helmets, 3 bike locks and 5 stands
- If anyone would like to donate to these needs via Canadian Tire gift cards of any amount, please contact (403-493-0605)
- The 2 very large needs/concerns are for a place to rent and an affordable used 8 passenger van to purchase. Some leads have been
received. If anyone has any further leads in this area, you may reach out by text or phone to Vern or Idel at 403-493-0605
A reminder that if your student will be late for class or leaving class early, please Call the attendance line at 403-678- 6192 ext 1 .
Leaving class early:
If your student must leave school early for the day or for part of the day, for an appointment, please notify the school. Students must sign in and out of the office if they are leaving school or returning after an appointment ( note this in not required during lunch hour).
Extra Curricular News
As a school we are working hard to balance the requirement to keep our students safe with social distancing, good hand hygiene and masking, with extra curricular initiatives. We do ask that students who are not directly working with teachers or involved in an extracurricular activity leave school at 3:30 so that we can properly clean our spaces.
Please ensure you can logon to Parent Portal. Look for the PowerSchool button on our school webpage or click here. This is where you will access daily updates on your student’s marks and attendance, school fees and more. Final term report cards are also shared with you through Parent Portal and are not mailed out from the school.
** Alberta Education has now made student access to their official transcript of marks available to all grade 10- 12 student available through a myPass account (myPass.alberta.ca). Grade 10 marks will first appear after the first semester.
Missing important happenings at CCHS? But are awash in emails? Find information through one of the medium listed below. Get connected become involved.
- school website calendar.
- Follow us on Facebook (here)
- Join us on Twitter for quick updates. @CCHS_Canmore
- Follow us on Instagram – cchs.canmore
- Follow our YouTube channel for happenings at CCHS in 60-90 secs. – Collegiate Corner
- Check out our Daily School Announcements here.
- 2020/2021 Student Handbook is here. Find important CCHS dates such as parent/teacher interviews, course change information, exams and much more.
- Past Newsletters can be found here.
Bow Valley Settlement Services Information Newsletter now posted– Click Here
Follow the link to view the highlights and agendas for Public School Board Meetings.
Electronic Smoking Devices: ‹Link Here